Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Krystal



Hey everyone! Krystal here with this week's Pocket Life Challenge using the brand new June "Cravings" kit! I had so much fun making this page, and I can't wait to share all the details with you!


I started by choosing my cards for this spread. I knew I had to use that gorgeous rainbow 3x4 card, so I decided to use it to base my color palette on. I grabbed a couple cards for journaling and the "Happening" card for my small square photo. For my title, I chose to use one of the papers from the kit. I liked that it brought in more of the yellow color from the rainbow and thought it was a nice contrast to the purples and pinks on the rest of this spread. 



The alphas in this kit are perfection! I knew I wanted to use them for my title card as well, so I found a rainbow label from the digital cutapart sheet and a pink label from the label sheet in the Life Crafted Kit to create a small cluster to hold my title and dates. It's so simple, but I love how it turned out!


For the rest of my photos, I decided to create little embellishment clusters. I used die cuts from the ephemera pack along with pieces from the digital cutaparts and the digital tag set and layered them together in little clusters to fill in the blank spaces in my photos. This is one of my favorite ways to embellish my pocket pages. 


I did the same thing on the "Happening" card, but here I made sure my cluster covered the pre-printed "Date" label on the card, since I knew I wouldn't be using it. Just another reminder to make your supplies work for you!


Now finally, on to the challenge for this week. I created a filler card using the This Is Life "Yes" stamp set from this month and some of the puffy and chipboard embellishments from the Life Crafted Kit, and I'm challenging you to do the same. 

There are so many combinations you can create, so be inventive and see what you can come up with! And remember to use the idea sheet on the back of your stamp set if you don't know where to start. It's one of my favorite things about the Citrus Twist Kits stamp sets; it make it so easy to use the stamps together to build beautiful embellishments!


Speaking of stamp sets, I added a few more stamps around my page and used them to fill out my embellishment clusters. The work perfectly on the labels in the kit to add another sentiment when you don't feel like adding handwritten journaling. 


And that's it for this spread! It came together so easily using this kit, and I love the way it turned out!


You can see all the details of my process in the video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy this week's challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment