Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday Sketch | Featured Projects | Patricia





Hello CTK Friends!  I'm here to share how I was inspired by today's Sunday Sketch.  I instantly saw this sketch turned 90 degrees, and it also inspired me to cut a long piece of cardstock from the June Scrapbooking Add-On kit and fold it to create a fold out on the left.


After trimming, punching my holes, and folding it where I wanted it, I trimmed the long 3x8 card from the Life Crafted kit to stitch under my pattern paper to start the layered look from the sketch inspiration.  Then I continued that inspiration by adding labels, die cuts, stickers, and stamping from both the June Life Crafted and Scrapbooking Add-On kits.


I used a trimmed piece of that same larger pattern paper, to adhere on the back side of that 3x8 Citrus Twist Life Crated card (there on the left by the fussy cut flowers).  


I used one larger photo on this left side in black and white framing it with a Life Crafted die cut frame, and labels and stickers from both kits again.  I fussy cut the flowers from the June Scrapbooking Add-On kit to create a larger focal point to draw attention to the photo.


I added more stamping using the June 2020 Traveler's Notebook, Cravings, and Yes Stamp Sets.


The right side is a base of white cardstock, with the same pattern paper from the left, layered and stitched.  Again, I'm drawing inspiration from the sketch with the clustering of papers and embellishments.  I finished that top off with stamping from the Yes Stamp Set.


For my journaling, I used a Crate Paper die cut from the June Scrapbooking Add-On kit to tuck under my collage of photos and Life Crafted frame die cut, then finished it with a heart.


I have two more projects to share from this month's Featured Projects.  The videos are on the Citrus Twist YouTube channel here or you can watch it below.


I used just the iPhone from the Cravings cut file, making it large enough to cover my page.  Did a screen shot of my phone, printed it and put it inside this cut file.  I'm not as attached to my phone as my almost 12-year old daughter, so my phone isn't highly organized LOL.  But like the journaling says, my phone may be old now, but it does all that I need and that is enough!  (until I can finally get a new one)


I used the Yes Stamp set to add some detail to the home button.  And used the Life Crafted die cuts to frame the phone.  The papers are all from the June Scrapbooking Add-On kit.


I really love the alphas in the June Scrapbooking Add-On kit.  The multi colors are so pretty and worked so well here.


One last project to share!  I was so drawn to the rainbow pattern paper from the June Life Crafted kit.  I grabbed the Loft gift card that my daughter gave me for Mother's day and had to use it with that paper.  Since COVID, our store has been closed.  So getting the gift card was not only perfect for me, but making me miss work.


I used the June Scrapbooking Add-On pattern papers for the left side, and ended up creating a grid with journaling and stamping, and a mix of die cuts and stickers from both kits. 


I used the clear frame from the Scrapbooking Add-On kit for my photo and then used the die cut hearts to foam adhere from the Life Crafted Kit.


Didn't really need too much and didn't want too much on this right side.  That paper is just too gorgeous to cover.  This die cut from the Life Crafted kit says it all and was the perfect color agains the paper.  I just used a bit of Scrapbooking Add-On paper to help it pop a little bit more.


You can watch the video below to see how both of these came together.  Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have enjoyed these kits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment