Wednesday, November 27, 2013

6x6 Paper Play with Sam

Hello there! It's Wednesday and Sam is sharing a layout - cum - project life spread using the 6x6 paper pad. Just a quick note: this month I made total 4 weeks Project Life spread + a layout using just the PL kit + PL embellies kit. Cant believe that? I only sneak in 2~3 pieces of 12x12 patterned papers, white card stocks, Thickers and gelatos  (which are my staples whenever I work on my projects) and ta-dah! 4 PL pages and 1 layout is done.

I total spent 35 minutes on this simple layout (which doesn't include the time I print and edit photo).
30 minutes - looking for the Dear Lizzy 6x6 pad
5 minutes - on a layout

Gentle reminder to self: Keep my supplies organised so that I would spend more time scrapping than looking for stuff ;) Since I only spent 5 minutes working on the layout, I would share with you how I did it. This is actually the left page of my PL week 45.

Do go to my blog to check out the full spread. I decided to make it in a 12x12 layout this week simply because I am lazy to work on each individual pocket. Don't get me wrong. I love decorating each and every pocket but sometimes I do have time constraint in keeping my PL up to date and I found this 5-minute layout works extremely well for me.

PL Week 45


Steps:
1. Print 4 photos of 2.5'x2.5'. Gotta be smaller than 3 inch each so that we could fit 4 photos on a piece of 6x6 paper.
2. I just work on my routine - laying white card stock on a piece of 12x12 paper from my stash. These are my staples that I breath, eat, drink my white cardstocks. It shows how important they are to me.
3. Once background done, I tear 3 pieces of 6x6 papers from the paper pad. Ok, these ar emu last 3 pieces so I have no choice at all! *LOL*
4. Layer the 3 pieces of papers as photo mat, then arrange the printed photos in grid style. You can never go wrong with a grid layout right?
5. I didn't have much embellies on hand, so I hand cut and punch out some shapes to create my own banner. And also added a fussy cut flowers from the paper pad at the bottom right to create a cluster.
6. Can never call it done without some mist splatter right?

Note: the title '45' is from the June/July CTK kit.

PB151181


Making your own banner is always easy. Cut some square, triangles and rectangle, punch out some half-circle then stitch them down. You have your own cute little banners. Easy way to perk up any page!

PB151183

Fussy cut flowers and exclusive wood chips to create a simple cluster.

PB151184

Thanks for looking! Do share with me once you have created a 5 minute layout!

9 comments:

  1. Sam.. ohmygoodness, you are SO good to be able to do a layout in 5 minutes!! I need your talent! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you just create this in 5 minutes!!! (but I can relate in the 20 minutes looking for something :P) - Love the grid of square photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout!! And what a great idea to use up your 6x6 papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you're really fast! Love this :) Simple to learn & love it that it's so clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea with the 6x6 papers love it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I just think your baby is so very cute and I enjoy seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute Sam! Love the description on how much time you took! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you just rock to get it done in 5 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! I love how you went with decisions about photo size and paper due to necessity and then made it fabulous with your banner, stitching and fussy-cutting! TFS!

    ReplyDelete