Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial with Gina

Hi and welcome to another tutorial..today I'm going to show you how to make these fun segmented circles using a few different patterned papers. 

IMG_0270
For the circles, I've used the 8x8 "Creatve Girl" papers from the Add-On kit along with a couple of 12x12 papers but any 5 contrasting papers would be fine. Geometric designs like these look great together. I've traced around a bowl approximately 130mm (5.2 inches) and cut them out by hand.

gina_tutorial_circles



Next I drew some pencil lines starting with a cross then filling in each segment.. measurements don't need to be exact, I just did it by eye

gina_tutorial_draw

I then stacked the circles and cut them all at once. If your papers are a bit too thick, you can do this step in two lots..

gina_tutorial_cut

I've placed the circles like this.. leaving a small space between each piece and alternating the colours and patterns. You may have to trim a piece here and there to get them to fit..Once happy with the arrangement stick them down

gina_tutorial_placement

and for added texture I've machine stitched three concentric circles over each arrangement, then trimmed off the loose threads and overhanging papers..

gina_tutorial_stitch

to finish off the page, I've added a few embellishments, black thread, die cuts and stamping, a splatter of glimmer..

gina_tutorial_detail

and the lush gold glitter thickers found in the main kit!

gina_tutorial_detail2

gina_tutorial_detail1

I hope you feel like giving this a go sometime.. This will be my last post for a couple of months while I holiday in New Zealand.. I hope you have a wonderful and safe Christmas.. see you next year J 

6 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Gina! I'm especially fond of the stitching on top! Thank you for sharing this tutorial and enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this?! Love this idea! This I haven't tried yet! Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The segmented circles are awesome! Love this! Definitely going to have to try this sometime. I hope you enjoy your holiday Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your circles look great! A super variation of a pie chart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! The really small slices make for so many ways to combine papers! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for you comments ladies ;) x

    ReplyDelete