Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial with our Guest Janna

Tutorial Today – my favorite By Janna Werner

Janna-Werner-1

I love etageres, I bought two this year and was thinking about collecting them from now on. There are so many fantastic designs and they are very handy for storing craft supplies ;-)

For this scrapbooking page, I used mainly the Heidi Swapp ephemera pack from the Darling November kit. The pack includes lots of paper and vellum items but also transparencies – perfect, if you plan to create a banner. I also used a tag, buttons, stamps, ribbon, cardstock and patterned paper from the November kit.

Janna-Werner-2 Janna-Werner-3 Janna-Werner-4

In the first step, I applied modeling paste onto the white cardstock. It takes some time until it dries, you could also use a heat gun to fasten up the process, if you like. After the paste had dried, I cut approx. 1 inch on one side of the white cardstock and adhered it on a piece of patterned paper, so that the patterned paper was at the bottom of the page.

1

Afterwards I collected the circle shaped vellum items from the Heidi Swapp ephemera pack and used a sewing machine to create a banner with them.

2

I put the photo in the center of the layout and the garland beneath the photo. Then I started adding more and more items to create a big banner.

3

4

I moved the items around until I was happy with the appearance, then I used a hot glue gun to glue everything down. It is not always easy to glue down transparencies, but you can hardly see the hot glue beneath them. Just take care of your fingers, I manage to burn mine frequently ;-)

5

I wanted to create a focal point on the top left and bottom right, without distracting from the center part of the page. Therefore, I bent the bottom right edge – the peak of the edge pointing towards the photo. Afterwards I sewed a tag on the top left and decorated it with ribbon and button stickers.

6

The last step was to stamp onto the page and add a bit of journaling.

7

Hope you enjoyed the tutorial, have a great day – wherever you are! - Janna

4 comments:

  1. I love your work! Following you on insta for a good while now <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the see through aspect of your banner! Very light and pretty!

    ReplyDelete