Thursday, September 17, 2020

Life Crafted with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with a really quick spread in my Life Crafted album.


Nothing picks me up quicker on those days when I'm feeling a bit meh than a little gratitude. So today I put together a gratitude spread in my Life Crafted album using the September Life Crafted kit and the Good Life stamp set.


I knew the "today's victories" 3x4 card from the kit would be perfect for this type of page so I grabbed it out, along with some of the gorgeous florals from the die cut pack. I also grabbed another co-ordinating 3x4 card but ended up swapping it out for a piece of light pink patterned paper from the kit after I decided I would keep the page fairly monochromatic.


I started with some base pages I made from pink card stock, these are trimmed to 5x8.25 inches each and hole punched to fit my album. Then I trimmed a strip from the woodgrain paper so it would fit on the left hand page. I kept the smaller strip and added it to the right hand page. 


Before I adhered those pieces down, I ran the edges around with my sewing machine and distressed them with a distressing tool. I also heat embossed one of the stamps from the Good life kit with a sparkly antique silver embossing powder.


I added my journalling in pink ink, and adhered everything down, including the florals which I place in 3 different focal points. I made sure to adhere my Instax photo with a couple of staples to make sure it never comes unstuck from the page!


Last step was to add a few of the puffy heart stickers in co-ordinating woodgrain tones across the spread.

Here's a look at the process this layout took ...



Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to share your Life Crafted pages in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page! We'd all love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment