Thursday, September 10, 2020

Life Crafted with Krystal

 


Hi all! This is Krystal, and today I'm sharing a 12x12 layout using the September Life Crafted Kit, Stamp Add-Ons, and one of this month's cut files. Let's get started!


I decided to use the Reader For Life cut file as my title and cut it once from white cardstock, then cut the title again from black cardstock. I layered the two together to get a two-toned image, then backed the open book pages with the vintage dictionary page from last month's Scrapbooking Add-On kit


To add some interest to my background, I used the "Good Life" stamp set to stamp a couple phrases in Distress Oxide ink. I then took a paintbrush and a little water to distress the stamped image and create a larger inked area around it. I also added a few splatters to add to the messy look.


I used a couple of the 6x8 papers from the Life Crafted Kit to add a matte around my photo, tearing the edge of one of the papers to add a bit of texture. I also added two strips of paper to both the top and bottom of my page to give it a kind of frame and add additional color and texture.


I embellished the page very simply with a couple of tags from the embellishment pack and a few of the puffy heart stickers in tones that matched my stamping. I wanted to make sure that the cut file and stamping were the star of the show, so to speak, so I didn't want to add a lot of other elements to the page. 


I used the Traveler's Notebook Stamp Set to stamp "love" on one of the tags, then I finished my page by adding a date stamp and a few lines of journaling. 


Overall, a pretty simple page, but I absolutely love how it turned out! You can view my entire process in the video below.


I hope you found some inspiration in my post and will use it to create something amazing with your kit. Thanks for stopping by!









No comments:

Post a Comment