Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Shannon

 


Hey there, scrappy friends! Shannon here with another pocket page challenge. Pocket pages are my jam! I usually always have one in progress at my craft counter so I can spend a few minutes here and there working on it every day. On this page, I used the September THE BEST PARTS Life Crafted kit, the True Life stamp set, and the digital ephemera from the September kit.

You'll notice that I typed directly onto the photo of the step stool. I had so many emotions surrounding that stool and didn't want them left out of the spread. I like a good balance of journaling and decorative elements on my spreads so sometimes I'll add my journaling or short notes directly on the photo. Next to that, I used a green and white ledger card that came as 4x6 in the Life Crafted Kit. I wanted a card that was subtle in color because I already had two bold cards. I also wanted a subtle pattern so I could stamp on it. I used two stamps from the True Life stamp set to make the card say "happy shenanigans." It just so happens that shenanigans is one of my favorite words so I was just tickled when I saw this stamp set! 


The journaling card I used in the bottom row of my page is great for writing out some thoughts - or for adding some words with alphas! While I do love some journaling, I also appreciate times when I can convey something with just a few simple words. Using the alphas on this card allowed me to have a lot of white space showing. Given the bold pink and blue cards, I really wanted to keep the other cards a little more subtle. And I just had to use the phrase from THE BEST PARTS Life Crafted kit stamp on the bottom of that card.

As you move around my page you'll notice that I stapled quite a few embellishments onto the cards and photos. This is my favorite way to add the fabric ephemera to the page. I also love the look that it adds! 

Finally, I used all sorts of digital ephemera from the September kit on a digital journaling card. I removed the last line of the journaling card in Photoshop. Then, I added a note about each of my photos on the remaining lines. Finally, I added all sorts of ephemera at the bottom. I enjoy the digital ephemera because I can resize it to be whatever size I want it to be! I may have gone a little overboard with the layering for such a small journaling card but that's not unusual for me. I love the unique look that it brought to the card. The busyness of this card also played a role in me keeping the rest of the page fairly simple with little touches here and there.

I love that no matter how many pocket pages I make I can still find ways to make them fun and different. All it takes is a little trial and error! I can't wait to see what you create with all of the great September releases at Citrus Twist!



No comments:

Post a Comment