Saturday, September 5, 2020

3-to-Inspire with Krystal

 


Hi all, this is Krystal, and today I'm sharing a page in my Life Crafted album using the new September Life Crafted Kit, The Best Parts. It's also a 3-to-Inspire post, so let's start with three things to help you get inspired to create.

1. Use a limited color palette
2. Add in neutrals
3. Add texture and dimension


I was really drawn to the bookmark from this month's kit, so I decided to use it to inspire my color palette. I chose three papers from the kit in tones of yellow and teal that coordinated with the bookmark as the base for my page. I also chose a 3x4 journal card to match and used it to add a layer behind my photo. I trimmed around the flag that was printed on the journal card with a craft knife so that I could tuck my photo underneath. 


Next, I went through all of the embellishments in the kit as well as the printables to find both pieces that would work with my color scheme as well as a few neutrals to add to the page. The neutrals give your eye somewhere to rest on an otherwise busy and colorful page. I knew I had to add the gorgeous flowers from the ephemera pack. They worked perfectly with the colors I chose!


To add texture and dimension to my page, I distressed the edges of the patterned papers with my scissors, then used my fingernails to rough them up even more after they were glued down. I also added foam adhesive behind the top flower in my cluster. 


I typed my journaling directly onto the bookmark, added a few more embellishments as well as the date to the bottom, then adhered it to a page strip so that I could add it into the album without punching holes in it. I love these little strips so much for this exact purpose. They make it so easy to add little extras into my albums!


And that's my page all done! If you'd like to see more details about how I created this page, you can view my entire process in the video below.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope to see you back here soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment