Sunday, January 13, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Melanie


Hello CTK friends, Melanie here with another Sunday Sketch for you.


Isn't it a great one? And it's perfect to use with the New 'Life Crafted' January Kit! I pretty much stuck to the sketch but switched one photo for a journal card.


After the holidays my crafty bestie and I finally met to spend the whole day scrapping and chatting together. The table became a huge mess pretty quickly and we loved it. Of course we took a picture of the table and I used the Fresh Start Kit to document the day.

The pretty striped paper went perfectly with the colors on my photo and I cut two strips of it. I backed my photo with some matching patterned papers from the kit and did the same with my journaling card. To make them stand out I used some fun foam. After that I placed one strip of the striped paper above my cluster and one on the bottom.


I used some labels to create more layers and used the stamp set that came in the kit to stamp some phrases on the labels and the New Beginnings Stamp to make the black labels..



I added some stitching for more texture and finished the layout off by adding some black ink splatters.



I hope you'll play along with this sketch challenge. I can't wait to see what you're all going to create. The new kit is so much fun to work with. The colors and patterns are gorgeous and the Embellishments are so versatile, love that!
Don't forget to share your work on Instagram and our Facebook Group so we can see your creations.
Until then, have fun creating!
Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment