Thursday, January 31, 2019

Adding texture to my Life crafted Album with Melanie

Hi CTK friends, Melanie here.

Today I am sharing some pages of my Life Crafted Album. I used the January Life crafted Kit for my pages and I had so much fun working with the new size. I decided to make this album all about me and if you're interested in the first pages you can find them on my blog.

For this page I used the stamps to create a pattern on one of the 3x4 cards. I added a label and some sewing and placed a heart on top. I love to sew on my albums, it adds a lot of texture without being too bulky. I glued the card on patterned paper as a pocket which holds a tag with my journaling.


I added a chipboard sticker layered on a label to the bottom of the card and placed another label with a heart on top of the page.







Antother great way to add texture is tearing paper, which I did on my second spread.


I used the same papers for both sides of the spread and added some sewing too.
The left side helds my picture and a diecut from the kit. I added a word phrase sticker on top for a little more layering.


I placed a journal card on the right side of the spread and added a small banner on top.



To finish the spread off I placed placed a heart diecut on top of the left hand page and one on the bottom of the right hand page.



I really love how simple it is to document with the new Kit and Album and love the clean fresh look of it. I hope I inspired you to give the small format a try if you haven't already and can't wait to see your creations! Don't forget to share them in our Facebook Group and on Instagram using the hashtag #citrustwistkits so we can see what you created.

Until next time, happy crafting, Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment