Sunday, January 20, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Kira



Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with my take on this month's Sunday Sketch!


I am such a sucker for a good grid layout and today's sketch is no exception.  It's a grid layout with some fun little twists to it.


Since the sketch is in a vertical format, and I typically scrap in 8.5x11, I decided to stick fairly close to the original sketch.  I first decided on my color scheme, and was mostly inspired by the heart die cuts included in the Life Crafted die cut pack.


I used the polka dot paper included in the LC kit to border the top and bottom edge of my page.  Since the paper is only 8" long and my layout is 8.5" wide, I layered the paper a bit to give it a fun look.  I added some machine stitching over top of it, which is a recurring theme throughout this page.


I pulled in some of the same polka dot paper to layer behind one of my three photos (which are of my youngest son on a trip to the zoo).  Then used the three tone paper included in the LC kit to add pops of color around my layout, including some "photo corners" in yellow, a frame in pink and yellow and a scalloped piece in mint.


I used some of the labels, die cuts and chipboard to embellish my page.  Since there wasn't much to say about these photos, I left journaling off the page, opting instead for a simple label stating "San Antonio Zoo".


 I finished off the page with some black splatters to tie in some of the black from my photos.  I can't wait to see how you interpret the sketch!



xo, Kira


1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh!!! Awesome sketch and such a beautiful spin on it! La la LOVE!

    ReplyDelete