Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Travelers Notebooks With the Little Things

Hello, there!  I'm so excited to be back here with you today talking about a couple of Traveler's Notebook pages I created with the Pocket Life Little Things kit and I also combined with a few elements from the scrapbook kit, as well. The colors in the kits are just beautiful and I also really loved the die cuts this month, too!  So, combining those together really helped me make some pages that I love.  I'm working in my All About Me travelers notebook and sharing two of those pages with you.  I love getting to combine these kits together, they flow together seamlessly!

This page had a eclectic feel almost immediately.  The patterned paper background came from the scrapbook kit and lent itself to the photo, too.  [I felt like they went together, for some reason!  Maybe the colors?]  So, with the strong base, it was easy to add the die cuts and journaling, as well. The die cuts are small but not too small and so you can use many of them together and the layering is really fun.


Now, this photo had a different feel thanks to a Snapchat filter and because of it feeling a bit stark, I wanted to match that to the papers and embellishments, as well.  So, the bits fit together like a puzzle
and I love how that black heart from the Shine On Mini Inflatable Heart Ephemera [from the scrapbook kit] not only fits but really stands out.  I love the contrast it provided on this page among the rest of the fairly neutral/pastel embellishments.

Have you picked up the October kits? Do you have any favorite pieces in the kit?  I don't know if I could pick one, but I'd love to see what you are loving and how you're using those pieces!




No comments:

Post a Comment