Thursday, October 25, 2018

10 minute Traveler's Notebook pages with Diane

As the end of the month rolls around, I'm busy trying to use up the last of my Pocket Life kit before the gorgeousness new November kit hits my doorstep!

One way I like to do that, is to create some super simple pages in my Traveler's Notebook. All of these pages took me less than 10 minutes but I used up a bit more of my kits and got those stories down on paper!


This first page couldn't really get any more simple. I trimmed down two 6x8 papers and stuck them to each side of my spread. I glued down my photo on the bottom right and then created my journaling using the Little Things stamp set. I love using stamps to guide my journaling like this. Otherwise, I might never think to document these things!


This photo was very dark and grainy so I converted it to black and white and then used that as a theme for the page. Luckily, that "sipping" die cut worked in perfectly for a title!


Again, I trimmed down two 6x8 papers but this time I torn one of the off cuts to create a coordinating strip down the right hand side. Before I stuck everything down, I ran the trimmed piece through my typewriter to add my journalling. I then added my photo, the die cut title and a few puffy stickers.


I made this last page by trimming down one more piece of 6 x 8 paper and then adding it with an off cut from my first page to create a stripe of colour on the left.


I created a title with those cute wood veneer pieces and some alphas. I don't normally use wood veneer in my notebooks but this was the last page and it didn't matter how bulky I made it! I added a couple of stamps from the Badge Maker stamp set, my photo and my story and called it done!


All of these pages took less than 10 minutes each so it wasn't hard to squeeze and lot of pages into a little time. It just goes to show, you don't have to spend forever getting every little thing perfect. Sometimes you just need to sit down with your kits and some scissors and glue and document those stories simply and quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment