Friday, October 26, 2018

Travelers Notebook Challenge with Sarah



Hey there, CTK friends!  Today I have a TN challenge for you that involves using a bunch of frames to create an interesting background.  If you don't already have some frames that you want to use, that's totally okay because we are going to be making our own by cutting up some patterned paper!


If you've never tried using frames for a background, I'd love to encourage you to try it out.  Frames add such a fun pattern and shape element, and you can get really creative with different colors and textures to make it your own.


For this page I used some pattern papers from the "Little Things" Scrapbooking kit to cut out my frames.  Using my Exacto knife, scissors, and paper trimmer, I cut out some rectangles and circles of various sizes and patterns.

Once I had all of my frames ready I played around with their placement on the page, making sure that I didn't have any floating elements.  I had some frames go off the page and the rest of the frames connect to each other.


I didn't need to do a lot to embellish this page since I already had a lot going on with the colors and patterns on the frames, but I did add a title and a few small die cut pieces to finish off my page.

There's a video below if you'd like to see how this page came together.



I'd love for you to give this a try!  There are so many possibilities with frames so you can get super creative and make it your own.

Happy Crafting!
Sarah

   

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love watching your videos and your process. Your TN pages are always so cute!!! thanks for the inspiration you give me. Looking forward to more videos.

    ReplyDelete