Monday, October 1, 2018

Please welcome Andrea Gray to our Creative Team!


Please joins us in welcoming  Andrea Gray to our Creative Team!  We are such a fan of her crafty creations and cannot wait to see what magic she creates with her Citrus Twist Kits each month!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello Friends! To say I'm excited to be joining the Citrus Twist Creative Team is a major understatement! If I could use all the adjectives to convey my happiness, I would!  Instead I'm going to introduce myself and do a little Q&A!


My name is Andrea and I'm also known as Retrohipmama. I recently started a crafty & lifestyle magazine as a way to inspire makers to keep on making! I love memory keeping and all sorts of crafty things. Making stuff has just been a way of life for as long as I can remember. 



When did you start scrapbooking? I've been crafty since the 80s! But scrapbooking came into my life in 1998 and I have never given it up. I've seen all the trends and styles come and go and along the way have reinvented my own style. I love the memory keeping aspect but I would be lying if I didn't admit to how much I adore the products. Playing with color and images is my jam!



What is something most people would not know about you? I have some weird food quirks. Snacks especially need to be eaten in pairs, either by color or size. There's something about the symmetry that just makes me need to snack like this! 



What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without? I definitely need labels, tags and clips to create almost any project! Everything else is just a bonus!



Now that you know a little bit about me, I'll share my go-to format for memory keeping using the October kits!

                               -------------------------------------------------------------------------

6x8 is my main format and I love to do one side with pockets and a full layout on the opposite side. It gives me an opportunity to play in pockets as well as practice my new favorite full page style.



Lately I've been loving working die cuts and ephemera into a puzzle-like style. It's kinda like a collage and a grid design and I love making odd shaped supplies fit together! This is definitely my jam!



For this page about my dad, I wanted to remember that when he texts me, even though I know it's from him, he still always ends his texts with "Love Dad". I used the love die cut and the alpha stickers for the title and then added the floral elements and of course, hearts! 


Thank you so much for joining me for my first ever CTK blog post! I hope you gain some inspiration to use on your own projects!

See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment