Sunday, June 11, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Elsie

Hey CTK friends! It's Elsie here with this weeks edition of Sunday Sketch. This is a really fun sketch so I'm excited to share my interpretation of it with you. I used the June 'Boardwalk' Main, Embellishment and Patterned Paper Play kits.



I love the way the sketch has a diagonal design, that's something I really like to try to and think about when I make layouts because I think it looks pleasing to the eye.


I shifted my main cluster to the bottom left, because the cactus I paper-pieced was so large that it looked a little too strange in the middle of my layout!


I loved the layers behind the main cluster in the sketch, but that's not inline with my style. So to combat this I deconstructed some of those elements and included them in other ways on my design. 

I was inspired to create the bunting because of the fishtail banner underneath the title in the sketch. I punched out some semi-circle bunting instead, and I love how fun and summery it makes this layout feel! I also used the fishtail design to create a little fishtail banner sign to pop my punny title on!!


Instead of scattering stars on the background, I used some stitched clouds and clustered some of the flowers from the Pink Paislee chipboard and Elle's Studio puffy stickers. I also followed the sketch and made a cluster round my photo using some flowers and labels.


And now it's your turn! To play along with this week's challenge, create a layout inspired by the sketch, upload it to the Citrus Twist Kits Gallery with the sketch date (6/11) in the title, and you might win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store - yay! 

I can't wait to see what you create!

- Elsie x

No comments:

Post a Comment