Monday, June 12, 2017

Let's Get Digital -- With Andrea!

Hellooooooo!!! :-) It's Andrea here and today I have a cool “Let's Get Digital” project for you using the super cool “Boardwalk” kit from Citrus Twist! I love the bright colors in this kit, and the fun and “fancy free” kind of feeling that it has. It feels very summery! I am super duper excited too because I designed some really fun goodies for this month's Pocket Life kit – the leatherette stickers!!! Today I am actually using the main kit, but I decided to do a little printable for you guys to use that matches nicely with those stickers (so you can use them with those if you want to, too)! To that end, I made both a digital stamp title of it (that you can use on any size layout – 8 ½ x 11 or 12x12, etc), and a fun 4x6 decorative card that you can print out and use in your pocket page scrapping! 


Here are the printables (I will put them up on the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan Page so you can download them from the file folder in there if you like):

“Hey, you make me smile” Digital Stamp Title


“Hey, you make me smile” 4x6 pocket card


Alright, now that you have seen the printables, print them out and “lets get digital” shall we?!!!...and do some hybrid scrappin!!!! So here is the layout that I did for today!


I love how it came out! I decided to do a little film-strip with my pictures. I love doing film-strips like this! If you have never tried it you should! It is another fun “lets get digital” kind of thing to do in your scrapping to spice things up a bit! I know a lot of times we tend to stick to just average photo sizes like 3x4 and 4x6. However, by mixing it up with like a cool little film-strip you can make your page look very fresh and cute and add some more interest and movement to your design! All you do is create a film-strip on whatever photo program you like to use on your computer. Photo programs that I like to use for this kind of thing (and for everything really) are Photoshop and Lightroom. This time I used Lightroom. If you have another program you like though, that is fine. There is probably even an app now that you can use to put photos in a film-strip like this.


On the computer, I put my digital stamp, “Hey, you make me smile”, title on the right side of the page. And I did some journaling on the right side too, lower towards the bottom of the page. And then I printed that all out on an 8 ½ x 11 piece of vellum. You could totally choose to print on cardstock if you like, but I wanted to use vellum in order to do the fun “sequin shaker” background that I did for my layout!


To do the “sequin shaker” background, I just layered my vellum onto some of the pretty patterned paper from the kit (the Good Times patterned paper from Photoplay) and I placed sequins here and there in between the vellum and the paper. Some of the sequins I adhered down into place, and some I let float around free. I threw a few small ephemera pieces in there too with the sequins (from the Elles Studio Live Laugh Love pack in the kit).


To finish, I added a few more embellies like the rubber shapes from Elles Studio and some of the puffy stickers from them too, and a couple of paperclips as well! You know how I love my paperclips!!!


Alright, hope you enjoyed this “Let's Get Digital” and you enjoy my printables I designed for you! Try combining them with the leatherette stickers I designed for June too! Please share whatever you make with these cutfiles!! I can't wait to see what you make!!! You can share on our Facebook Fan Page or on instagram...just hashtag with #letsgetdigital , #citrustwistkits , #andreabethke and tag me @fairytalescrapbook so I can see! Thanks so much!!! Happy Scrapping!!!

XOXOXO – Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment