Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Snapchat, Mini Album with Emma

Hi friends!  Emma on the blog today to share a fun little mini-album I created using the Pocket Life and Embellishment kits!

 

I love creating little mini-albums but truth be told, they used to really intimidate me!  Sounds crazy I know but filling all those little pages and trying to make each page "perfect" used to freak me out.  Then one day I let go of the idea of perfect and I've not looked back.  I will take any excuse to make a mini these days.....and this is a perfect example!  A mini-album about Snapchat.  HA!  Zack and I love Snapchat - the filters are silly and fun and I can guarantee the a couple minutes playing around with it will always get a giggle or two.

For this mini-album I decided to use the 3x4 cards as my base and just punched a single hole at the top of each for the O-ring.


The best part of mini-albums is that it allows you to use alot more photo's than you would usually use on a layout. I printed out eight (8) photo's for this and I know I'd never fit that many photo's onto one of my 6x8 pages!



To make the pages of my mini-album a bit sturdier I backed each 3x4 card up with some co-ordinating paper from the Pocket Life kit.  The 6x6 pattern papers from Elle's Studio in the Pocket Life kit are fun and bright, so they were a perfect match for this album!


Once the pages were sorted and I'd matched them with a photo, it was time to start my favourite part of the whole process - embellishing!  Embellishments are my thing.  I love 'em.  And I love playing around trying to get the right piece to fit!  Fortunately the Pocket Life kit this month has the most amazing set of die-cuts included that I had heaps to pick from!



And how awesome are the exclusive leatherette stickers?!  I've almost used every sticker on my sheet and wish we could get more from the store!


I also used pieces from the Embellishment kit throughout my mini-album.  The colours work perfectly with those in the Pocket Life kit!


I also added a confetti pocket into the album - I think I've managed to sneak one of these into almost all the mini-albums I've made, they are just such a fun element.  I punched circles from the papers out of the Pocket Life kit and then created a 3x3'ish pocket using vellum (machine stitched 3 sides, added my confetti then stiched along the top!).  Super easy


And here's a quick flip through the full album!


I'm already trying to think of what my next mini-album will be about.  I truly have so much fun putting them together.

Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today!  Hope you're inspired to use your June kit to create a little mini-album, even about something as silly and fun as Snapchat photo's!

Take care, Em xo

No comments:

Post a Comment