Saturday, August 16, 2014

In the Studio with Olya

Hello, lovely Citrus Twist friends!
Today I'm sharing with you a little tour of my studio, where all the scrapbooking and art magic happens. So grab a cup of tea, get comfortable in your chair and let's have a peek into my creative space, shall we?
First things first: my desk. I love clean, organized spaces, especially when it comes to desks. It helps my mind feel more clear and inspired. When I create, however, this is what my desk looks like. Messy with barely any room to actually put my projects on.
What's on my desk? Why, Citrus Twist August kit, of course. When I get my CTK happy mail, I immediately unpack everything, lay it out on my desk and just swoon over all the little bits and pieces. Pocket Pages layouts start popping in my head, seeing all the pretty papers and embellishments. I get super giddy and excited, like a kid in a candy store. I store my monthly Citrus Twist kit in a dedicated wooden caddy from a dollar store. (it even has some broken English and French on it! Bonus ; ) )
Then eventually admiring all the pretty papers turns into printing the photos, selecting patterned papers to go with the photos' themes and colors, gluing everything, decorating with embellishments, and adding some journaling. Badaboom, that's my crafting process in a nutshell.
I have two bookshelves in my studio, one holds miscellaneous stuff, and another one is filled with art and crafts books, scrapbooks, notebooks and art journals. Here is my favorite shelf with my go-to books for easy reference and inspiration.

and here are 'some' of my countless pretty journals, photo albums and scrapbooks. Yes, I have a problem. No, I'm not willing to do anything about it : ) 

I also have a 'snailmail' station, where I gathered all the stationery I've collected over the years, as well as stickers, mail related stamps, tags and washi tapes. Now I don't have any excuses for taking too long (read forever) to reply to my penpals.
And last but not least, here's my art station. Though most of my work happens outside, walking around my city and doing urban sketches on the go, I create some art at home as well. 
Well, this is mostly it. Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a tour around my studio, guys.
Have a happy creative weekend!
xo

6 comments:

  1. Bright and artistic, just like your work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful your space is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anandi :) color is a big part of my life and I wanted my studio to reflect it.

      Delete
  3. super love your Studio, Olya!

    ReplyDelete