Friday, August 29, 2014

Pocket Life with Olya

Hello, hello!
Olya here, with my August pages. I have to say that I thought July's Pocket Life kit was pretty awesome and then Bam! here comes my August one and I just can't stop swooning over all the papers, colours and embellishments. Everything fits together so well, from patterned papers to buttons, from 3x4 filler cards to stickers. But enough of talking, let's look at what I actually created with those August CTK goodies.

This month my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I wanted to create some kind of layout with our wedding photos and when I saw those 2x2 squares in Shimelle's new patterned paper, I knew I had to use them. I cut a 4x6 photo into 2x2 squares, placed them into pocket protectors, then filled the remaining open spots with papers. I added some embellishments on top of the page protectors because a) I didn't want to fuss with taking papers once they were in the page protectors and b) lately I've been enjoying seeing my embellishments on top of the photos, in a 3D sort of way :)
For the second wedding photo I just trimmed it, adhered to the cardstock that came with the kit and drew some lines and hearts around the photo. I completed the page with some gold accents from August PL add-on and the main August PL kit. Once again, I love how all the embellishments just flow together, making it easy for us, scrapbookers, to put a layout in a pinch.
And here is my 12x12 spread from the everyday Project Life album.

That stamp phrase was perfect for our Jenga night, with game pieces flying in all directions when the tower finally breaks.
Again, look at those stickers and the pretty 6x6 paper in Shimelle's new line. Two words: IN LOVE.
Another love worthy embellishment is this month's wood veneers. I just adore those circle, pie-chart looking veneers. I added some colors to them with my gel pens, let them dry and attached to the paper using little glue dots.
My second 12x12 spread is again full of Shimelle's patterned papers, and embellishments from the August PL kits and add-on.
I stamped the word 'this' onto the cork sticker, added some enamel dots, gold paper clip and called that pocket page done. Easy peasy.
More stickers and patterned paper from Shimelle. Just can't get enough. I had a really hard time not to hoard it and save it 'for later, better layout'. I gave myself permission (more like a mission) to just use. it. up. I can say, looking back at these spreads, I'm so happy I did. Our photos deserve the best story-telling papers and embellishments and unless you have a very specific use for those pretty crafty goodies in the future, I say use it now. You'll have fun in the process and be happy later.
Well, that's all for today, folks. I hope you have a lovely Friday and make room for some crafting in your weekend, because we all know it's good for the soul :)

1 comment:

  1. Loving your bright spreads Olya!!! The colored veneers are my favorite as well as your 2x2 page! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete