Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Sketch with our Guest Designer

 
I really love the sketch that I was given to work with!   I primarily scrap 8.5x11 and this sketch was really adaptable to my size and style. Often times I use sketches as a starting point for my layouts and they end up looking nothing like the original sketch. In this case, however, the design was so fun that my end product actually closely resembles the sketch!    

I used my Canon Selphy printer to print out these three square photos of my kids at swimming lessons. The naturally occurring colors of aqua and yellow just happened to match many of the items in the All That Glitters kit, so I used them as the main color scheme for my layout.  One of my favorite pieces in the kit is the piece of gold starred vellum, so I wanted to make sure it had a place of prominence in my layout.
 


 
I originally hadn't planned on using the gold thickers on my layout, but they were just begging to be a part of it, with all the other gold elements, so I added the year at the bottom of my journaling card just to include them!
 

 
I used the gorgeous Fields of Gold patterned paper by Webster's Pages, but I wasn't sure how to use it as a whole piece of paper. Instead I cut it up and used the blue sky section under my photos and the golden wheat section as my title!
 

 
I loved how the kit was filled with aqua, yellow, and gold accents that fit perfectly on my layout, like this tag and the yellow banner from the Crate Paper ephemera pack.

 
This week we'd love to see your layouts (any trim size) using this Sunday sketch. Share them in our Gallery and on the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page on Facebook (be sure to request to join the new fan page if you haven't yet!) by August 16th and you'll earn an entry into a drawing to win a $5 CTK gift certificate. Our GCs can be used towards add-ons or store items.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of your layers with the vellum in the mix!

    ReplyDelete