Monday, August 11, 2014

Let's get digital with Jen Chapin

jenchapin ctk adelyn (1)
Hey there and happy Monday to you! Jen here and today I'm sharing a layout I created with the August kits, along with a free cut file. I was inspired by the heart wood veneers in the main kit this month, so I created a heart background for my layout. You can download that cut for free HERE.

jenchapin ctk adelyn (2)
I used a ton of foam squares to pop the die cut off the background of the page. It is subtle, but it does give the layout great dimension. I used a few pieces from the Pocket Life kit, as well as those gorgeous gold thickers from the main.

jenchapin ctk adelyn (3)
The Heidi Swapp word stickers in the kit this month are great. I used quite a few on my projects! My other favorite item were the Crate Paper Notes and Things embellishments included in the Summer Dreaming add-on. Those butterflies are just gorgeous.

I have one more layout to share with you. This one was created using a large photo (8x10).

jenchapin cuteness ctk (5)
I started with this photo of my kids playing in the backyard. I knew as soon as I took it that I wanted to use it for an enlargement on one of my projects. After adhering the photo to patterned paper, I used the rest of the embellishments from the main kit and Summer Dreaming add on to layer up below.

jenchapin cuteness ctk (4)
I also added some enamel dots to the photo because, hello, I cannot make a page without them.

jenchapin cuteness ctk (3)
More layering and how awesome is that exclusive book paper garland!

jenchapin cuteness ctk (2)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great week.

2 comments: