Friday, August 8, 2014

Playing with Pocket Life with April

Hi everyone!  Happy Friday!

April here to share my Pocket Life Weeks 24, 27, and 28 with you using the gorgeous August PL and PL Embellie kits!  This was (again) one of my favorite kits.  I LOVE Shimelle's new line, so having the PL kit based off her 6x6 pad was awesome!

Week 24:  I wanted to try something different, so I printed most of my photos in black and white.  I really like the look and am planning to do this more often!

DSCN4816_800_CTK
DSCN4819_800
DSCN4821_800

I forgot to take a photo of the outside of the hotel that I stayed at while I was in Orlando for a conference, so I cut down a photo from a brochure I was given.

DSCN4824_800
DSCN4827_800

Week 27:  This was a fun week for us!  Our 4th of July was very low-key, but the next day, we held our gender reveal party and found out that we are having a BOY!

DSCN4829_800_CTK

Left side:  I really loved the journaling cards that Trina designed this month.  The 1, 2, 3 cards were perfect placeholders for me to hide some journaling under.

DSCN4831_800

Earlier this week, we had our anatomy ultrasound, so we got to see the baby in much more detail.  The ultrasound tech checked to make sure all was going well and he was/is!  We got several photos from this ultrasound (one confirming that he was, in fact, a boy), but I had to include this specific one in this spread because he was stretched out and the definition of his leg was unreal!  He looks SO long already! :)

DSCN4843_800

Right side: Some details from our gender reveal party!

DSCN4834_800

It's a BOY!

DSCN4836_800

Week 28:  Spent some time with my in-laws who were in town, then a BBQ with friends!

DSCN4847_800_CTK

Left side:

DSCN4850_800

I think one of the best things about doing something like Pocket Life is being able to document the little things like drawings your kids make.  My goddaughter drew two drawings for me and I knew I wanted to keep them forever, so I took photos of them and included them in my spread!

DSCN4851_800

Right side:

DSCN4854_800

DSCN4855_800

And here are your sketches for the week:


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend!

PS.  Some of the alphas that I used on my spread were from previous PL kits.  I though they worked so well with Shimelle's new line!

2 comments:

  1. Love your spreads as always April! They are so detailed and fun! Love the b&w photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous spreads, and the sketches are amazing as usual :). Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete