Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie

 

Hi there!
Nathalie with you today to share this week's Sunday sketch challenge.   Sketches are one of the best and easiest ways to create any project, as it provides a blueprint for page, the rest is up to you.  This week's sketch is a fun one, let me show you...


Now let me show you how this inspired my layout using the August Add on kit:


I was drawn to the paper layers in the sketch, and decided to use them in a similar manner in my design with a few additions...


I combined papers from the Add on kit and the jean texture paper from the Life Crafted kit to create the layers behind the pictures.   I decided to switch the large picture to two smaller ones.   Having the three photos help tell the story.  In order to highlight the lone photo, i chose to back it with the same papers, but added the photo corners ( available in the CTK shop).   


The original sketch has a few strips of paper weaved through the paper layers. I decided to use fussy cut florals ( Fresh Bouquet collection - included in the add-on kit) and layer them as indicated by the paper strips.


One of  the biggest changes is that i replaced the large horizontal and bottom vertical paper strips with mixed media.  I used an old Heidi Swapp stencil and Vicki Boutin Art crayon and stencil brush to create the impression on the white cardstock.   I made sure that the impression stretched beyond the paper layers, just like the paper strips it is replacing. This gave me a place for my title - you can find those fun foam stickers in the CTK shop-.

As for embellishing, i pretty much followed sketch to add my embellishments through the page, and even added a few stamped sentiments ( True Stories Stamp set) around the page.


To balance the page, and also to follow the sketch, i used left over pieces from the papers and a few small embellishments -add on kit and CTK shop- to create a small cluster at the bottom of the page.  My handwritten journal and a few drops of diluted art crayon complete the page.

This page came together easily just by following the sketch.   The small changes, just make it more my style!  Remember to check all the kits, stamps and add ons on the CTK shop.  If you create a project using this sketch, please share it with us.  we love to see what you create with our sketches and products.

XO!


No comments:

Post a Comment