Saturday, August 1, 2020

3 to Inspire With Lisa Varshine

Hi friends! I can't believe it's August already. Today I'm here to share a quick 3-to-Inspire challenge using the August kits, including the add-on kit. I can't wait till you guys get these kits, they are gorgeous!
I've been using one of the newest Life Crafted album colors to collect stories about myself. These stories are few and far between for me, since I spend the majority of my crafting time telling stories about my two young kids. These new colors are so vivid and cheerful, exactly what I need right now.
In these pages, I'm talking about my photography degree and the long and winding road I've taken to finally decide to enroll. I was so inspired by the florals and soft colors in the beautiful Crate Paper papers, die cuts, and chipboard stickers. So, for this spread, I'm challenging you to create a layout using 1) a photo of yourself, 2) florals, and 3) a muted color palette.
I'm going to be really honest: taking a good picture of myself requires a ton of shots. Telling a story about pursuing photography doesn't naturally bring to mind dynamic photo options. I obviously included a shot of my two main cameras. But, I also thought it was a good opportunity to get myself in my albums.
I'm not typically a florals girl, but these completely changed my mind. It was also a great compliment to a very feminine picture of myself. The die-cuts from Crate Paper include a few transparent acetate flowers and I like the idea of trimming this one slightly so it would slide into the pocket, add a little interest, repeat the floral pattern, and add an interactive element (it can be slipped out of the pocket very easily). It does double duty by slightly obscuring any thoughts or stories you have that may be more personal.
To repeat the florals and carry the beautiful colors across the page, I trimmed two tags and stapled them together on the bottom of my picture. I'm really happy with how this spread turned out and I cannot wait to indulge my new obsession with florals. Thanks for letting me share these pages and I hope you find a little inspiration for your next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment