Saturday, August 22, 2020

3-to-Inspire with Diane


Hi everyone, Diane here with another 3-to-inspire challenge for you! You can find this challenge here every Saturday for those who need a little extra creative push to get scrapbooking, to keep scrapbooking or for those who just like a challenge! Your take on this challenge can be a layout, Traveler's Notebook page or a pocket page spread in your Life Crafted and remember that you'll want to include all 3 prompts on your project.

Your prompts this week are:
  1. Use a repeated shape
  2. Add multiple photos
  3. Add something shiny


For my take on this challenge, I created a page in my Life Crafted album. I created my base pages by printing one of the digital papers from the August Life Crafted kit at 5x8.25 inches and then trimmed a matching page from white card stock.


I used Photoshop and my Silhouette to create a stencil from one of the digital ephemera pieces so I could add some shiny foil to my page as a title. All the details on how I did this are in the process video below for you.


The rest of my page came together really simply. I took three photos from a series I took of my dog Lily, and turned them into black and white photos so they wouldn't compete with any of the colours on the page. Then I added the three photos across my spread, using foam squares to bump one of them up for a little dimension. I really love my Life Crafted albums for this sort of bulky page.


Then I scattered nearly all of the diamond pieces from the ephemera pack across the page, using the same technique of bumping some of them up on foam squares.


This page was super simple but I love how bold and graphic it turned out. It just goes to show that things don't need to be complicated to be effective.


Here's a look at the process this spread took ...


Thanks for stopping by today and I'd love to see any page you create using this challenge so don't forget to tag me and share in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan page!

No comments:

Post a Comment