Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge With Lisa Varshine

 Hi friends! I'm back today to share a pocket page spread using the gorgeous August kit and add-on. I really loved the cheerful and bright, very summery colors of this kit and they worked perfectly with my photos from our recent family trip to Lake Oconee, just outside of Atlanta. 
Being a die-hard pocket page crafter, the first thing I'll often look at when I get a new kit is the journaling cards. I feel in love with these 3x4 cards immediately. I knew this sunset photo would be front and center and the colors played so well with the colors from these cards. 
This spread was truly about my daughter and not as much about the actual trip, so I wanted to include a sweet, feminine element. The add-on kit has the most gorgeous flowers that work surprisingly well with so many themes. I also love to juxtapose the sweetness a little bit with a healthy dose of black (coming both from the black and white photo and the 6x8 number patterned paper I trimmed from the Life Crafted Kit.) 
I think the great die-cuts and embellishments from the kit and add-on almost stole the show in this spread. I love the sunshine die-cut, the banners, the hearts, all of them. I'm a fan of subtle embellishments that add to your story, not overpower it. If you've seen some of my spreads, you know I prefer fairly simple, graphic pages. 
I hope you found a little bit of inspiration in this spread, thank you so much for looking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment