Sunday, August 30, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Sheree



Hello friends!

It’s Sheree here and today I have our Sunday Sketch to share with you all. Let’s take a look at today’s page design…


I really liked that this sketch was in the 8.5”x 11” size as it’s a format I enjoy working with so I stuck with it and followed it fairly closely.  Here’s the layout I came up with featuring the gorgeous August 2020 Scrapbooking Add-on Kit


I cut my white cardstock background to size and added a strip of the yellow patterned paper to the top and bottom, then layered a small strip of the hearts paper onto the right side of the bottom strip.  Machine stitching was added then I started work on the photo section.

I decided on the blue paper to go in behind the photo and tag, then matted the photo with the yellow and hearts papers. I adhered the matted photo into place and added more stitching. I tucked some messy thread in behind the top right corner of the photo, then added a chipboard flair and puffy camera sticker from the Scrapbooking Add-on Kit along with a chipboard arrow from the August Life Crafted Kit to the right side of the photo.



The camera tag was cut from one of the papers in the add-on kit to use to the left of the photo.  I punched a hole at the top, added some twine then adhered it into place.  Under the tag is another chipboard piece from the August Life Crafted Kit with a stamped phrase from the August 2020 This Is Life “Stories” Stamp Set layered on top.


At the top left of the page I stamped the phrase “funny story” from the August 2020 Life Crafted Traveler’s Notebook Stamp Set.  The title and journaling were added underneath then I stitched along each journaling strip.  To finish the page I added some tiny puffy stars around the layout.


You can see my process in the video below...



This sketch was so quick and easy to work with!  I hope you’ll have a go at it too!


Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today!

Sheree x

No comments:

Post a Comment