Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Pocket Life Challenge with Sheree



Hi everyone!


It’s Sheree with you here on the blog today and I have a new Life Crafted spread to share with you all.  I love the colours in the Gratitude Kit this month, don’t you?   They are so fun to create with… and the vellum leaves are just so pretty too.  




I often find that when it comes to kits with pretty colours I’ll usually reach for photos of my daughter or myself to scrap, but today I’m using a photo of one of my boys…and I’m going to use a floral piece too!  That’s my challenge for you…to not be afraid to use flowers on a masculine page.  It’s something I don’t usually do but when I showed Ayden this page he loved it!


On the first full page, I layered the photo onto the grid paper from the kit and added some messy stitching in the top left corner with my sewing machine.  I always love the texture a little stitching adds to the page!


I also used a label from the cut-apart sheet and positioned it to go off the edge of the page.  The ‘wild one’ phrase from the November 2019 Life Crafted Traveler’s Notebook Stamp set was stamped onto some scrap white cardstock and layered onto the label with a row of stitching.




I chose a vellum leaf and floral piece to use in the bottom left of the photo.  Since the colours in that area of the photo were quite dark, I found that the colours on the vellum weren’t standing out as much as I wanted, so I backed them with some white cardstock which really made the colours pop.  They were stapled into place.


I stamped the ‘hello’ word from the November 2019 Life Crafted Traveler’s Notebook Stamp set and the ‘Happy Soul’ phrase from the Gratitude stamp set onto white cardstock, cut them out and added them to this part of the page as well.  A little more stitching was added and a puffy heart sticker too.  The date was then stamped at the bottom of the page using the date line from the November 2019 Life Crafted 2” x 3” Stamp Add-on set and a date stamp from my stash.



I used the super cute bird journaling card for the top right of the spread and added a chipboard accent, puffy heart sticker and some messy thread for a little texture.



My journaling was printed using the digital version of the card from the kit.  I left a space down the right had side for the ‘Great Story’ stamp which was stamped onto white cardstock and adhered down the side with some stitching.


You can see my process in the video below.


I really enjoyed putting this spread together and I hope I’ve brought you a little inspiration today! 


Thank you for joining me on the blog today!  I’ll see you soon!

Sheree


No comments:

Post a Comment