Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Pocket Life Challenge with Patricia


Hope this blog post finds all our CTK friends and fans doing well and enjoying some creating time for yourselves!  I wanted to stop in today to share a Pocket Life spread using one of the CTK Life Crafted Protector #2 with a 6x8 pocket page.  I love mixing these formats in my 6x8 album.  I feel like I have the best of both formats!  This project is my last of five projects using just the November Gratitude Life Crafted kit.  Leftovers always always inspire me...in this case to create layers in my pocket life page and hopefully give you a fresh perspective to creating in your pocket pages!


I used one of the 3x4 cards from the kit for the first pocket.  The pink strip at the bottom was a perfect spot to create some layers using one of the labels from the 4x6 card in the kit, the new "Weekish" stamp, and a puffy sticker from the kit.


Instead of using the sentiment on this card as is, I layered a die cut star and sticker from the kit over it.  Then using the 3x4 Typewriter Alpha stamp, I stamped the days of the week next to my typed journaling.


For the next 3x4 pocket, I used trimmed down pattern paper as the base, and then used a leftover piece of pattern paper to layer on top, then added a square photo, finishing it with a puffy sticker.


I really loved this butterfly from one of the 3x4 cards, but I decided to detail cut it from the card.  I also detail cut the square image from another 3x4 cards, then layered the square, a die cut transparent circle, and then the butterfly on top of a trimmed piece of 4x6 pattern paper.


For the two 3x4 pockets on the right, on the top pocket, I used a card as is, but added the alpha stickers from the kit to spell out 'full' with the 'u' being the image in the center.  'Full' also goes with the sentiment on this card.


For the last 3x4 pocket, I trimmed pattern paper from the kit, printed a smaller photo, and just stapled it with one of the die cuts from the kit that tied in with the pattern paper and my spread.


I have a combination of heavy, medium and light layers, and balanced them across this pocket page, along with colors and the patterns used.  Hope this gives you a fresh new perspective to take your kit leftovers, do some die cutting and start layering them with the kit embellishments.  This might be my new favorite pocket life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment