Friday, November 1, 2019

Life Crafted with Patricia


Hello Lovely CTK Friends!  The seasons are changing and the holidays are upon us.  One thing that I love about the Citrus Twist Life Crafted kits is although they change, there is always a consistency with them.  There's a perfect touch of the season/theme.  Even though the colors and embellishments change, they not only work well with everyday life or a theme but also work really well with other Life Crafted kits.  They just flow.  I love that!  My 2019 Life Crafted album has some holes or empty spots I needed to fill in, and the November Gratitude Kit amazed me how well it worked!


This first empty spot, had a blank 5x8.25 page on the left and two 3x4 pockets on the right.  I loved that beige or tan pattern paper from the kit with writing all over it.  I decided to break it up to make it look like a collage on my page, so with a pencil, I traced lines diagonally to create a diamond pattern, then stitched with black thread over the lines.  Next, I trimmed it to use just parts of the pattern paper to build my background.  I used a larger diamond shape to trace cut out my photo to be the focal.


Then I used the transparent die cuts from the kit to use the Gratitude stamp set that comes with the kit using StazOn ink.  Adhered those as well as the leaves under and over my design.


Then I filled in with the other embellishments from the kit.


For the 2-3x4 pockets on the right, I used a card from the kit and stitched a rectangle in black thread.  I did this for two reasons...to repeat the stitching on the left and to create an area to type my journaling.  I then filled in with embellishments.


You can see my previous CTK project under this, and this is what I love about the flow of these Life Crafted kits...it just works so well with other LC kits.  For the bottom 3x4 pocket, I trimmed the 3x8 card that comes in the kit to use just that part I wanted.  It went perfectly with my project.  I just added a date stamp.


I had leftovers of the stitched pattern paper and it inspired me to use it on another spread, again filling in those gaps or empty spots in my album.  


This spread uses the backside of Protector #3.  That previous page, I had accidentally used the pocket upside down, but it worked!  And it still worked for this spread!  I trimmed a 4x6 card to add my journaling for the top pocket, then filled the bottom pocket with pattern paper trimmed down, and just added embellishments to frame my photo.


This spread uses all of the Life Crafted kit with the addition of the new Grateful For and Life Crafted stamp set.  Those florals!!  I used them to frame my pattern paper.  I used the "hello" sentiment from the Life Crafted stamp to stamp right across the layers of my background and pattern paper, then finished my title with embellishments from the kit.  That empty diamond spot was also a perfect spot for the kit diecuts!  Before I did my stamping, I did add a strip of the same pattern paper from the left to the edge of this page.


I added a small photo under this with some embellishments to finish it.


This last empty spot to fill, was an awkward size, and you could really see the previous CTK Life Crafted pages.  This time I added pattern papers from the Gratitude kit to work with the pattern papers from the previous kit/project.


I layered a strip of pattern paper over the older pattern paper on the left, placed my photo just enough to see where to add stamping from the Grateful For stamp set in inks to complement the pattern papers.  Then I typed my journaling on the 4x6 card with labels, trimmed and foamed adhered, adding a puffy embellishment to each one.


I added more embellishments that worked perfectly with my project.


That triangle pattern paper also set the design I wanted to repeat throughout this spread.  Using that triangle puffy sticker creates the repeating pattern, as well as the Triangular You Cut File available this month that I use here on the right.  I used the negative leftover cardstock from this cut file to blend blue ink onto my background, then adhered the cut file, trimmed, and adhered again and trimmed to cover the page.


Instead of using pattern paper to back the triangles, I created a paint pattern on white cardstock, let dry, then punched three different triangles out, to foam adhere on top of this design.  


Finished it with the chipboard embellishments and some black paint drops.


Loved being able to go back through my album and fill in stories using the Life Crafted Gratitude kit!  The first project uses just the kit and stamp, the second project uses the kit + Grateful For Stamp + Life Crafted Stamp, and the third project uses the kit + Grateful For Stamp + Triangular You Cut File.  Regardless of using just the kit or not, the kits are so well put together that they all just flow so well together.  Hope you enjoy reveal and are able to pick up this kit and few other items!  Happy creating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment