Saturday, June 29, 2019

3 To Inspire With Theresa




Hello Lovelies, Theresa here with a fun 3-To-Inspire for you! In this series we create a layout and give you three product challenges to inspire you to get creative with your kits! These are my three challenges for you today:
  1. Use a cut file! I have used one of the Subscriber Exclusives called Own Your Magic.
  2. Use mixed media and stamps to highlight your cut file! I have used both the Around Here stamp set and the Traveler's Notebook stamp set.
  3. Incorporate a bold title! I have used the black foam word stickers from the Around Here kit.
Let's have a look at how I used these items in my layout!




1. Use a cut file!
I was inspired by the Own Your Magic cut file which is part of the Subscriber Exclusives. This one has some interesting angles plus a butterfly, which our daughter loves so I thought it would be perfect to document this photo. My photo is of Emberlynn at the Dixie Classic Fair in Winston Salem, NC, in fall of 2017, smashing it up in the bumper cars.




2. Use mixed media and stamps to highlight your cut file!
My layout began with a very simple and easy-going mixed media background. I used a few of my Dr. Ph Martin India Inks to add a bit of color to watercolor paper. I just lay down a bit of color, spray with a bit of water, and then lift some of the pigment back up with a paper towel or another sheet of watercolor paper.




Once the background was dry I adhered my cut file where I wanted it and then I added the stamped sentiment inside the angles of the cut file. I also added a few enamel dots inside and outside the cut file to add a bit more color and fun. 




3. Incorporate a bold title!
My layout needed a bit of pop! at this point, so I used the foam word stickers in the kit to add my title. I also added a few black hearts around the page. I have a go-to design tip about color, and that is that you can probably add just about any color to a layout as long as you repeat it in another place on your layout! The black is also repeated in the stamping and journaling.




Just a few other design notes: I used some punched hexagons to repeat the hexagon motif on the layout. Those were punched from the 3x8 card included in the kit, I simply punched from around that page. My goal was, again, contrast, and to give the embellishment clusters a sort of home base on my page. Speaking of clusters, there are three around the page that form the visual triangle. Each one is anchored by the orange hexagons, mint floral and butterfly from the cut file, and a bit of black.





This was such a fun layout to create and I am so happy to share it with you! I hope you are inspired to pick up your Around Here kit and get creative. We would love to see what you create, so be sure to share online and tag us! See you again soon!
















No comments:

Post a Comment