Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Travelers Notebook Challenge with Marsha


Hey friends!  Marsha here, and I'm hosting this week's Travelers Notebook Challenge!  I used the Life Crafted "Around Here" kit, along with the This is Life "Routine" stamp and the Travelers Notebook stamp.

My challenge for you today is to create a TN layout documenting one of your crafty or creative projects.  Here's a look at the spread I created documenting my first garment sewing adventure:


My mom is an amazing seamstress, but this is not a skill that I have inherited!  I love adding stitching to my scrapbook pages, but an actual garment is much more challenging for me.  It was fun getting this little story about myself documented.

The June "Around Here" kit is perfect for this type of project.  There are so many fun embellishments in the kit that work great for this type of documenting.  To begin my spread, I printed some photos of my sewing project.  I chose to highlight one photo on the page, and I added a tag behind the photo to hold the journaling and an additional photo.  I created the tag using one of this month's exclusive subscriber printable journaling cards.



The cute sewing machine ephemera piece worked perfectly on my page.  I added some stamping and used the tile alphas included in the kit to spell out the word "sewing."


For my title, I used a puffy foam phrase sticker and an ephemera die cut piece.  I absolutely LOVE the black puffy foam stickers this month and may have almost used the entire sheet!  They are great for titles and also include some fun icons.


To finish off the spread, I added some machine stitching to several areas on the page.  This was the perfect touch for my project about sewing.

Here's one final look at my TN layout:


Thanks for joining me today.  I can't wait to see your take on this week's TN Challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment