Sunday, June 23, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Emma



Hi friends!  Emma on blog today to share this weeks Sunday Sketch challenge!

I love this weekly challenge and I have had so much fun playing with this month's Life Crafted kit.  The colours are so fresh and fun; more so for us experiencing this icky winter weather - everything is so blah bit I opened up my kit and the colours were an instant happy!


First up let's have a look at the sketch:


And here is the project I created:


As you can see I've converted the 12x12 sketch to fit my smaller 6x8 format but it still totally works!  I've used the June Life Crafted Kit "Around Here" but also added in a few of this months stamps as well.


I am seriously LOVING this floral paper included in the kit this month.  The colours are just perfect and I'm feeling the need to put it on everything (you can bet I'm keeping all the little off-cuts!).  I kep with the sketch by putting a piece of at the bottom of my page but I also added a corner piece at the top left of my page, to create a bit more balance and because I really do just love the colours/pattern and wanted more of it on my layout :)


I got lucky in being allocated a sketch I loved this month so decided to try and keep my layout as close as possible.  I started my page with the messy part - because it's what always gives me the most trouble.  Splatters seem like such an easy thing to do but I always seem to mess them up, ha!  I used Pinkfresh Translucent Liquid Watercolor (which I picked up from the store a little while back; finally using it!) and I'm so happy to say that on my very first attempt they actually went where I wanted them to!  That never happens ;)

Once my successful ink splatters finally dried (which always seems to take soooooooo long) I started to create my layers.  I picked a couple white tags from my stash and stamped a few sentiments that matched the photo I wanted to use (of my mum and aunt).


I built up my photo cluster by adding a neutral pattern underneath my photo (I didn't want anything to compete with the gorgeous floral pattern) and popped one of the die-cut pieces underneath my photo.  I typed my journaling up on the computer and printed it out.


I'm also loving the black foam phrases included in the Life Crafted kit - aren't they the perfect size?!  I used one for my title and added the arrow/hearts around my photo to balance things out.  I do love how they fit in with the blank splatters on my background too!


To finish off my page I popped one of the carstock foam stickers underneath the photo then added a few of the enamel shape stickers around my photo for a few more pops of colour!





I had so much fun putting this one together and I cannot wait to see your take on it as well!  Be sure to share on our Facebook Fanpage so we can all see!

Take care, Em xo

No comments:

Post a Comment