Sunday, June 2, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Kira



Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another Sunday Sketch.  Here's a look at the sketch for today:



And here's my take:



I started with a single photo instead of two, because it was sized larger (almost 4x6), I thought it filled up the space well.  I used a few patterned papers from the add-on kit, along with a bit of packaging from the add-on die cut pack as my layers.  I softened up the lines of the papers by adding in a doily, cut in half, and layered above and below the photo.



I used the dainty floral paper included in the add on kit for the paper strip down the left side of my page.  I adhered it down, and then stitched over top, although it's barely visible due to the busyness of the pattern.



I used some of the die cuts and puffy stickers from the add on kit to layer along the side of the paper strip.  I also used some foam behind some of the die cuts to give some additional dimension.



I added some embellishments on the photo as well, since there was a lot of white space around my two subjects, my son and his tiny duckling friend. My title, "Ducky Love" was created with the foam alphas included in the add on kit.  I added some additional texture to my page by creating a couple of thread nests with yellow and white thread.  Then I finished the page by adding some splatters.



I can't wait to see how you use the sketch today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment