Sunday, May 26, 2019

Sunday Sketch With Theresa | Getaway



Hello Lovelies! Theresa here today with a Sunday Sketch layout for you! Have you seen the wonderful sketches and layouts the design team has been creating with them this month? This is my sketch I will be working with today, along with the Life Crafted Excursions kit for May and the Excursions stamp set.



This sketch is so versatile and I was immediately drawn to the triangles above the photo. What a great way to use my triangle punches! I pulled out the lovely patterned papers in the May Excursions kit and got busy.

Here is my layout I created.



I began my layout with plain white card stock and a bit of color splashes using some Tim Holtz Distress Paints in Abandoned Coral and Cracked Pistachio. I pulled colors from the paper triangles, such as the mint greens, pinks, and turquoise. 


Once the paint splashes were dry I added the solid card stock and my paper triangles to the page. These elements on the page instantly lead your eye right to the photo and add such color and texture to the page. I also added sewing machine stitching to these elements.



My photo was taken on a recent trip to the Great Smokey Mountains in Gatlinburg, TN. The photo is housed on a stack of patterned papers and I added die cut leaves in between those layers. Those leaves are part of the Free Spirit Digital Stamps, and I brought them into my Silhouette to use them as cut files.


I also added a die cut and one of the cork stickers to this cluster. I then tucked more patterned paper strips into the bottom card stock strip, just to add a bit more color to the bottom of the layout. For the left side of the photo I added more turquoise leaves, plus a label and a puffy sticker where the sketch called for the title.



I added a bit of stamping to my background, using the Life Crafted Excursions stamp set and the kit stamp set as well. This layout came together so easily using the Sunday Sketch!




Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you are inspired to use this gorgeous sketch along with us! Be sure to share with us and tag us so we can see what you create. See you again soon!















No comments:

Post a Comment