Thursday, May 9, 2019

Meet our May Guest Design - Lorilei Murphy


We're super excited to share this month's Guest Designer with you - the super talented, Lorilei Murphy!  We have been such big fans of her creative projects for so long - Lorilei always amazes us with her stunning work and this month is definitely no different!

--------------------------------------


GET TO KNOW LORILEI

Hi there!  I am Lorilei Murphy (pronounced Lauralee), and I live in the country just north of Calgary, Alberta with my husband and 15 yr old daughter!  I love to create and adore all things related to memory keeping.  I have the privilege of working with some wonderful companies such as Crate Paper, Pinkfresh Studio and Felicity Jane as a design team member and enjoy being part of the community!

Q&A WITH LORILEI

When did you start scrapbooking?

I officially started scrapbooking in June of 2017!  Over the years I have dabbled occasionally, but I could never really figure it out until then!  I had been doing Project Life for a couple of years before I started scrapbooking.

What is something most people would not know about you?

I suppose most people wouldn't know that my left arm is held together with screws at the elbow.  Five years ago fell and shattered my elbow and the surgeon put it back together the best he could, my arm is permanently bent at an angle.  I still think about straightening my arm!

What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without?

Foam/Dimensional Adhesive (love me some layers), Busy Bee Scissors (love me some fussy cutting) and White Cardstock for backgrounds!!

What do you love about the May Life Crafted “Excursions” kit?

I made two projects with the May Scrapbooking Add-On kit; I love how well everything co-ordinates (I tend to be matchy-matchy) and how many products are in the kit!  I adore the Life Crafted Albums, and the new page protectors are fabulous!!

Finish this sentence "If you could see my scrapbooking space right now . . . "

Is clean!!  I usually clean up in between projects so that I can start with a clean slate when I head down to my craft room.  In the middle of projects, it is a disaster!!

And here is just a look into her beautiful creative space:





------------------------------------


For my 2nd project with the May Scrapbook Add-On I made a 12x12 layout featuring the All Heart collection by Crate Paper.  I decided to make a painted background inspired. by the gorgeous colors in All Heart.



I added two photos and a chipboard "photo" onto a line with some small clothespins from my stash. I knew I had to keep a good spot for the Heidi Swapp Gold phrase as well!



I decorated the photos with chipboard, puffy stickers and gold hearts from the Heidi Swapp stickers.


Once I was almost done I decided to add a little cluster of embellishments at the bottom of the page where the trail of paint thinned out.  The chipboard Happy was the perfect piece to built the small cluster around.



I had a fantastic time guesting for Citrus Twist Kits!  I hope you enjoyed my layout!



--------------------------

If you are not already then you must make sure you are following Lorilei so you can continue to be inspired by her beautiful work! You can see more of Lorilei at:
    
  




2 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Lorilei๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your craft space, the LO, everything is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete