Monday, May 13, 2019

Digital Journaling Cards as TN Pages by Patricia

Hope everyone is beginning to feel some sun come their way, if not the Life Crafted May Excursions kit will help to add some sunshine to your day regardless of the memories you document with it!  It is one of my most favorite kits!  Today I'm sharing Traveler's Notebook pages using the May Life Crafted Digital Journaling Cards as the base for my pages.



Having that option of both the original cards in the Life Crafted kits, as well as the digital cards gives you not only duplicates, but also great ways to get creative with them.  I wondered if it would work to print out cards in portrait/vertical orientation to be a one layer base page for my TN!  I also thought about if you didn't have a program to use any of the other digital files available, but had a printer, that this could be a really easy and practical way of just opening the file and printing it.  For my left page, I used a 4x6 and 3x4 combination.  For my right page I used 3, 3x4 cards.  


My pages trimmed down perfectly to a slightly smaller width to a full TN size, and then added stitching all the way around each page.  I can now easily adhere these pages to a pre-made TN or my Life Crafted Album.  With my base pages already filled in, it was just a matter of adding layers, a photo, and journaling to finish.  To create layers on the digital 3x4 sun journaling card, I detail cut the sun from the original 3x4 journaling card.  Then I was able to just stamp right over the digital 3x4 sun journaling card creating my 'waves' in three shades of blue ink using the image from the Free Spirit stamp set.  Then foam adhered the fussy cut sun to make it look like the sun is setting in the water!  Came out exactly how I hoped it would.


I purposely picked the 4x6 card with the tropical leaves, because I knew I wanted this spread to be all about a beach vacation.  I stamped several of that same leaf image from the Free Spirit stamp set.  Some in solid blue, and then I started using two inks, using the lighter color first all over the image, then dipping the edges of the stamp into a darker shade before stamping.  You can see in the video below, how I got this look.


I used my typewriter to type my journaling on the bottom 3x4 card, added the sentiment 'Sunshine & Water' from the Travelers Notebook stamp set available this month.  I used that same stamp set to stamp sentiments along the inside edge of my pages along with the May Life Crafted Kit labels.


I trimmed my photo down to fit with a slight border around it on the 4x6 whitespace of the card, then added stamping, a die cut from kit, and more of the leaves I stamped and fussy cut.  


Thank you for stopping by the Citrus Twist Kits blog today.  Hope you are enjoying either some sun or some relaxation, and definitely get a chance to document some memories using this amazing kit!  You can watch my video of how this came together below or in HD on my YouTube Channel here.


No comments:

Post a Comment