Sunday, September 2, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira



Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another Sunday Sketch!  Here's a look at the sketch we will be using this week:


And here's a look at my take:


Since I am currently working in a 8.5x11 format for my scrapbooking, I am always looking for ways to make 12x12 sketches work for me.  This sketch was perfect once I just flipped it!

I started by building my layers, I used mostly the exclusive papers from the "Heartbreaker" Pocket Life kit, but there's also a paper from the main kit that I tucked in there. I added some machine stitching to my layers to give it some extra texture and used some foam to add some dimension.



I used this photo of my son Elliott, which was taken on his brother's birthday.  My oldest son isn't a big sweets fan, so I made ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies in place of a cake and added some whip cream on top to add the candle.  The birthday boy definitely wanted to blow out his candle, but then the ice cream cookie was handed off to his brother who has a sweet tooth.  I love how in this picture it looks almost as big as him!



I played off the photo for my title.  I used the "Wonderful" piece, included in the embellishment kit, along with the "sweet memories" sticker (also included in the embellishment kit).



I added some die cuts from the exclusive PL ephemera, some stickers from the Maggie Holmes sticker pack and some chipboard from the Amy Tangerine thicker pack.



I finished off the whole layout with some black watercolor splatters!  I can't wait to see your take on the sketch!  Make sure to join us over in the Facebook group to share your projects!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment