Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Fussy Cutting with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with a 12x12 scrapbook layout featuring some fussy cutting.  If you aren't a fan of fussy cutting...don't worry, I chose the easiest paper for this!  Even the fussy cutting haters won't mind.  ;)



I started with the Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush "Good Vibes" paper.  I didn't necessarily have an end goal in mind when I start this layout so I just started cutting out hexagons from the paper.  I fussed around with those for a bit, then cut the hexagons into diamonds and chevrons.  Still no plan.

So I kept cutting.  Lol.  I had cut about 1/4 of the paper and decided to sort the diamonds and chevrons by color.  I am definitely a color scrapper so this made it easier for me to determine a design.



I started playing with a pattern on my paper, alternating between a diamond piece and a chevron.  Which eventually turned into a circular shape.  So I thought a few of these on a page might be cute.  I laid out a pink, yellow and blue shape.



Once I had placement approximately where I liked it, I lightly traced around the shapes so I could place some mixed media behind them.  I stuck with some light, subtle watercolor and the packaging technique.  After that had dried, I adhered the shapes to the page over their coordinating colors.  I decided to add some machine stitching down all of the diamonds and chevrons for some additional texture.



The embellishing was rather easy since I decided color blocking would look best.  I went thru all the embellishments in the main, PL and embellishment kits and sorted them by color.  Then added a few of each color to the coordinating shapes.



Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira

1 comment: