I started this page with a google search on Mickey images. I knew that I wanted the traditional silhouette, and once I found one that I liked, I imported into in my software and traced the image for this cut file. I also went ahead and messily stitched around the outline with black thread to emphasize the outline.
I don't usually gravitate towards themed products, and as a result a large number of my Disney photos have not been scrapped. The Malibu kit and the Paradise Add-on both had several pieces that I thought worked well with these photos, and inspired me to create another layout for my Disney album.
I wanted to document the park that we were in this day with the initials somewhere on the page. The Pinkfresh alphas were perfect, except the gray color did not stand out on the label with the rest of the black elements on the page. I used a black Copic marker and applied a few coats of ink to alter the color. I left the alphas on the sheet to make it easy, allowed them to dry in between coats, and then peeled them off and adhered them to the label.
The one other embellishment that "needed" to get on this page was from the chipboard phrase from the Paradise Add-On kit. The phrase works perfectly for Disney photos as well as every-day photos.
Here's a peek at how the layout came together. I hope that you will try this technique the next time you need a different color alpha. Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope that you have a great day!
Post a Comment