Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday Sketch with Amy

 


Hello and Happy Sunday!  I'm excited to participate in my first EVER Sunday Sketch!  I was thrilled to be able to do a sketch with the latest Travelogue kit, because it is super fun, and travel layouts are my all-time favorite. Here is the sketch I worked with, followed by my interpretation in the original Life Crafted size:




I really liked the pattern paper strip elements from the sketch paired the circular journaling, so those were the elements I focused on bringing into my layout. I chose to add the strips, circles, photo and journaling in Photoshop so I could move things around and test different papers, but this could very easily be done using just physical products.  




This is what the layout looked like when I printed it.  I actually love how this looks before I cut it in half, and I think it would translate well to both 6x8 or 12x12.





Next, I chose to spread the layout across two pages, so that I could include a bigger photo. I love finding ways to incorporate larger photos into seemingly smaller Life Crafted pages, and this was another way to do just that.  



Finally, I added the title word "explore" to the upper left side to balance the journaling in the lower right.  I then used some of the puffy stickers for some visual texture, which also matched the darker shades in the blue pattern paper, and the blue in my husband's shirt.  

I really like how this layout came together, and how the sketch gave me a great jumping off point.  I hope you were inspired to try it too!  Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you give it a shot @alphins_little_corner




No comments:

Post a Comment