Saturday, April 1, 2023

3-to-Inspire with Marci


 

Hello CTK friends! It is Marci here. It is the first of the month which means there is a new release in the shop. I am very excited to bring you the first 3-to-Inspire with the new Travelogue collection


Here are the 3-to-Inspire prompts for this week:

  1. Tone on tone embellishing
  2. Use a tag 
  3. Incorporate something “older” from your stash



I was drawn to the digital paper number 9. It reminded me of a map and the stitch marks across the green portion looked like lines on a road. I wanted to take this picture of my son and his friend driving an electric toy vehicle and make it look like they were driving on the road. Digital paper number 10 with the black circles made me think of tire tracks so I used that to mount my picture. 




To embellish the page, I got the idea to add tone on tone pieces to the three color portions of the paper. I used several die cuts from the Travelogue ephemera pack. I needed more pieces to fill in the spaces so I turned to the 2022 Travelogue chipboard stickers and some older enamel dots. Now I had enough pieces in the matching colors to make my design. These are my “older” items for the challenge. (I am using older in quotes because we all have stashes with different ages. Some of our older items might be a month older while other items are 10 years old! Go with what you have available to you.)





This month’s kit comes with a large Kraft shipping tag. I liked the idea of using it as the second page to my spread but the color didn’t work. I used the shipping tag as a template and cut my own out of one of the other digital papers. Now my tag coordinates with one of the colors from the left side of my spread. I added my title, journaling and more embellishments to the tag to finish out my spread. 






I hope you find the 3 prompts this week inspiring and give them a try. 




No comments:

Post a Comment