Sunday, April 2, 2023

Sunday Sketch with Desiree


Hi crafty peeps! I am excited to share the Sunday sketch with the new, awesome, exclusive 2023 Travelogue kit. Let's take a look at this week's sketch.


I thought that this sketch would be perfect for me because it is simple enough for me to put my own spin on it. The first thing I thought about was layering the beautiful, bold color patterned papers from the Travelogue kit on this page.


For this sketch challenge, I decided to do a spread in my Sunshine Life Crafted Album.  Before layering the digital Travelogue papers under my picture, I smudged a bit of yellow ink on the paper to peek from under the cluster. 


I added a smaller picture to the lower right side of the larger picture. Then I layered the Travelogue Ephemera through the page. Below the cluster, I placed my typed journaling.


I decided to have a lot of fun with the left page. I started by smudging yellow and green ink on my paper. Once I saw the travel-themed polaroid picture die cuts, I knew wanted to vertically stack them on my page.  To add more interest, I staggered the die cuts vertically over my smudged ink, layering them over floral ephemera from the Travelogue die cuts.  I added the "journey" and "explore" die-cut words to the vertical cluster.

I used the Chloe Alphabet Stamp to add the small "into the city" title to the bottom of the page. Then I completed the spread by adding black splatters to tie in both pages.

I absolutely love the finished results of this Sunday Sketch. My favorite has to be the Travelogue papers in the cluster and the stacked polaroids from the Travelogue Die Cuts

I am so happy you joined me today. I wish you a happy, crafty weekend.

XO Desiree













 

No comments:

Post a Comment