Saturday, March 2, 2019

3-to-Inspire with Patricia



Hello Citrus Twist Friends!  I am so very excited to be sharing my first project as a Creative Team Member with you today.  The March Life Crafted kit inspired me in so many ways, from the vintage feel, to the stamps and embellishments.  I was able to pick a 3-to-Inspire for you today, though!

My prompts to get you creating with this kit are:
1.  Use the Cork Numbers
2.  Stamp on the Cork Numbers
3.  Use the digital file that coordinates with the numbers called Telling My Story


As soon as I saw the cork numbers, I couldn't stop thinking about them, and how to use them.  I was reading in Psalm and came across verses that, at first, I thought were the exact same sentences.  Once I read them again, I not only realized they were not, but how powerful they were of being thankful to God.  And they happened to be verses 1, 2, and 3 of Psalm 136.  I used them to identify each verse.  For the verses, I used the label stamp from the March Life Chapters stamp set.


I used the same stamp set to stamp onto the cork numbers, and used the coordinating cut file, Telling My Story, to die cut the numbers to create my background.  I created a lot of texture with the background by adding the pattern paper behind the die cut numbers, as well.


I cut the stamped labels with the scripture verses in half, then used the ephemera pack to type the Book and chapter, added the stars, the arrow, and flower to add even more texture to my background to finish this page of my Life Crafted spread.


The left side is full of lots of texture and color.   I kept the right side more simple, but still added a cluster of the kits pattern papers die cut from the Telling My Story cut files to create a cluster at the bottom and to also add journaling to complete the scripture verses.


Once I had my photo added of my family going to church, I finished this side with sentiments from the Life Chapters stamp set, ephemera and chipboard from the kit that completed this story.


Thank you for letting me share and I hope this gives you one idea to get you started on how to use the cork numbers with the stamps, and the cut files.  Please share what you create in our Facebook group and tag me so I don't miss it!

I created a video to show you how this came together.





No comments:

Post a Comment