Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Patricia




Hello CTK Friends!  Patricia to share with you on this last day of March a fun twist to using this sketch.


I have two ways to share with you how this sketch AND the Life Chapters March kit inspired my projects.  For my first project, I created a 6x8 pocket page spread.


The left side is a full 6x8 layout and the interpretation of the sketch.  I used the Hexagon Wreath Cut file for March, die cut from white cardstock to layer under my photo and over manual die cut stars from the papers from the kit.  


I then trimmed some white strips to overlap the stars and hand stitched those in place to create more 'rays'.


Similar to the sketch, I created fun layers from the kit under my photo.


Inspired by the sketch, I wanted to be sure to use the card from the kit with the sun for a journaling card.  I used a light gray ink to add some stamping and details to the card along with typed journaling.


To finish this spread, I used 3x4 cards from the kit with smaller photos, adding little details with the chipboard heart, die cut and stickers from the kit.


Next, I created an opening page to my Life Crafted Citrus Twist Album inspired by the sketch and the kit, especially that paper!


I used the Life Chapters Traveler's Notebook Digital Papers here because the design is sized down perfectly for a TN!  Such a great option.  I traced the width of more pattern papers from the kit to layer in between the 'rays' of the paper to trim and adhere.  This pattern paper has the rays and the circular patterns.  I used both of those to inspire the pattern paper rays and then more hand stitching along the circular pattern of the paper. 


To add more to the page and especially a title page for my album, I used the stamps in the center of the design of the paper, then finished it with die cuts and chipboard from the kit.  The '3' is a digital cut file available to subscribers called Telling My Story.  I used it on my first blog project here.


A great opening page to this Life Craft Album and telling the stories of myself and my family...all inspired by the sketch and the kit!  I love popping into the CTK Fan Page to see what everyone is doing with the kits and their stories.  Please continue to share as well as on Instagram using the tags #citrustwistkits @citrustwistkits so we can see what you are creating and leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment