Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday Sketch with Marsha



Hello friends!  Marsha here, and I'm excited to be sharing this week's Sunday Sketch.  Sketches are so fun to work with, and CTK always has the best ones!   I hope you will play along!

Here's the sketch for this week:


I love this design!  When I first saw it, I knew it would work perfectly as a layout in my Life Crafted Album.  Here's the spread I created:



For my layout today, I am using the Life Chapters Kit and the This is Life "Bookends" Stamp.

I loved the sketch so much, I decided to follow it fairly closely.  One of the only changes I made was mirroring the sketch.  

To begin the layout, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out one of the free subscriber cut files to use as my background.  I loved this detail from the sketch and wanted to use it on my spread.  I used a patterned graph paper from the kit and then layered it over a striped paper, also from the kit.

Next, I used some of the ephemera, word stickers and chipboard pieces to embellish this side of the layout.  I also did some stamping using the This is Life "Bookends" Stamp.  I love the extra interest stamping adds to a page!


Next, I used a journaling card from the kit, the stamp set, and some of the cut aparts to embellish the pocket, and I trimmed one card into a tag shape for my journaling.  The scalloped pocket from this month's kit was perfect for holding the tag with my journaling.  



For the right side of the spread, I trimmed a couple of the kit papers into narrow strips and adhered them to the edge of the page.  I used more ephemera, cut aparts, chipboard pieces, and stamps to embellish this area.


To finish off the layout, I added some machine stitching.  I love the texture and interest this adds to a project.

Here's one final look at my layout using this week's sketch:


I can't wait to see your take on the Sunday Sketch!  I hope you will play along!




No comments:

Post a Comment