Saturday, February 9, 2019

3 to Inspire with Kira



Hey again!  It's Kira and I am back with another 3 to Inspire.  The prompts I have chosen for today are:

1.  Use a cut file
2.  Incorporate stitching
3.  Puffy stickers

And here's a look at the 8.5x11 layout I created using these prompts:



I started by using the Love Stuff cut file (which you can find on the Citrus Twist Kits website).  I cut out the word "love" from white cardstock and then backed it with my favorite floral paper included in the Life Crafted kit.  Then I used some white embroidery thread and handstitched around the cut file.



I decided to scrapbook this adorable photo of my oldest son.  He is just standing outside, using his blankie as a scarf and looking a little like a hipster.  But I absolutely LOVE this photo of him.  I tucked the picture into the V of the cut file.



Since one of the prompts I chose was "use a cut file", I decided to search through the exclusive cut files to see if I could find even more to use.  I absolutely loved the August 2018 Daisies, but never got around to using them.  I thought they would work perfectly here.  I backed all of the daisies with patterned paper from the LC kit and positioned them in a vertical pattern on my page.



The flowers added so much to my page that I didn't have to include too many embellishments after that...but I still needed puffy stickers!  I'm obsessed with CTK puffy hearts and was thrilled to see an ENTIRE sheet of them included in this months LC kit.  I scattered a few up my page.  And since more is more in my scrappy world, I also grabbed a puffy sticker from the scrapbooking add on kit to include on my page.

I finished off my page with a tag stamped with "another day. another story." and the date, some typed journaling I included at the lower left corner of my page, and some very delicate splatters made with my Shimmerz Coloringz Night Moves mist.



I can't wait to see how you use these prompts!  Share with us in the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page on Facebook!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment