Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Traveler's Notebook Foldout

Hi, Friends!  Sarah here, and I'm so excited to be sharing my very first post on the Citrus Twist Kits blog today!


Today I wanted to share how I put together foldouts in my TN.  This has started to be my go-to for documenting little daytrips or any event where I have multiple photos or need a little extra room for journaling.  I feel like this layout is perfect for documenting little summer adventures, and it's just a super fun way to switch up the format in any TN!


The only thing you need to create a fold-out in a TN is a piece of paper/cardstock that is roughly twice the width of your notebook.  This way, you can adhere half of the page into yours notebook while the other half (or whatever width you choose) folds over.  Double sided patterned paper works great for this technique because you can have a fun pattern on both the inside and outside of your foldout.


For my project I used a piece of cardstock that had a bright chevron pattern on one side and a repeated lemon pattern on the other.  I love how the colors of these papers compliment each other, and how each pattern makes a really nice background for photos and embellishments.


I wasn't working with a lot of photos for my page, so I had a lot of room to play around with embellishments, which is awesome because there are always plenty of embellishment goodies that come in the Citrus Twist kits!


If you'd like to see a more in-depth look at how this notebook spread came together you can check out the video below!



I hope you have a chance to try this technique out, if you haven't already!  You might surprise yourself with how easy it is to create extra space in a TN!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment